Our visitors thoroughly enjoyed the demonstrations, and the opportunity to have some hands-on experience, such as making embellishment flowers, rug hooking, weaving, paper making and painting on silk.
Of course it helps that all of our exhibitors and vendors are a personable bunch. Many of our members helped out to make it an exceptional day. Many thanks to all!
This year, demonstrations and displays were presented by local guilds and fibre artists, including basketry, bobbin lace, cording, crocheting, embroidery, felting, knitting, millinery, paper making, quilting, recycling sweaters, rug hooking, silk painting, spinning, tatting, twining, weaving and much more.
Our door prizes were made up of fibre and related items donated by the vendors/demonstrators in attendance.
1. Embroiderers Guild / Pridie Collection/ Aquilo Silk
2. Needles in the Hay/ Fullin’ Woolens/ Papermint Pattie/ Murray Lincoln – tatting and bobbin lace
3. Lanes End Farm/ Coral Door Studio/ Judith Hayes – mixed media artist/ Peterborough Spinners and Weavers Guild
4. Happenstance/ Indigo Dragonfly/ Hooked Goods
5. Sandi McNeil – baskets and cording/ P’tula Couture Chapeaux/ Stoddart Farm/ Angela Lee – tatting and bobbin lace
The winners of our door prizes were: Norma Whitmore, Peggy Moore, Sue Hubey, Stan Stewart and Marie Howran.
Any local fibre arts group, guild or single artisan that wish to participate next year, please contact email@example.com
Please provide a bit of background of yourself. Are you willing to demo?
Join us in beautiful Downtown Peterborough for a day spent in the exciting world of fibre arts, visiting and networking!
Read the Needles in the Hay blog for an account of a previous year’s festival!