Welcome to our website!
March 16, 2020
The Peterborough Weavers and Spinners Guild meeting for Monday, March 16, 2020 has been cancelled. We want everyone to stay safe and healthy!
Sorry to inform everyone that the PETERBOROUGH FIBRE ARTS FESTIVAL & SALE scheduled for Saturday March 14, 2020 has been CANCELLED!
We hope to re-schedule…
In our guild we have weavers, spinners, felters and fibre dyers of all levels of experience and expertise. We enjoy getting together to learn, share and teach to get better at the crafts we love. We’re dedicated to passing down these wonderful skills so that future generations can feel the sense of joy and accomplishment from making beautiful and useful objects with their own hands.
So if you are interested, come and check us out! We always welcome guests and new members.
Visit our Membership page or contact Darlene Fallis at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Members can apply for the Regena Lerke Scolarship. Please forward your completed application to the Guild President. The due date for applications is May 1/2019. Print the scholarship form
Our new location:
360 George Street North, Unit 3 Peterborough Square, Peterborough Ontario K9H 7E7
Visit our Facebook Page!
2019 – 2020 Events
Fibre Arts Festival & Sale March 14, 2020
Contact Email: email@example.com
2020 Fibre Arts Festival and Sale
We are in the process of organizing and preparing for our 10th annual festival.
You are all invited to come and visit, and be inspired!
World Wide Spin in Public Day
September 19, 2020
Always held on the third Saturday of September
When & where we meet
- 3rd Monday of the month at 7pm (September to June)
- Spinners and Weavers meet separately at 5:30
- 360 George Street North, Unit 3, PETERBOROUGH SQUARE, Peterborough, ON K9H 7E7
A typical meeting
- Meet & Greet – a chance to enjoy a cup of tea/coffee, socialize or check out the library
- Quick announcements
- Program of the month – presented by one of our members or guest speaker
- Show and Share
- Stretch break – chance to replenish tea/coffee, talk to the speaker, check out the Show and Share items
- Short business meeting
- Monthly meetings
- Extensive lending library
- Use of guild equipment
- Study groups
- Lessons and workshops (ad hoc)
- Annual members sale
- Shared expertise