In our guild we have weavers, spinners, felters and fibre dyers of all levels of experience and expertise. We enjoy getting together to learn, share and teach to get better at the crafts we love. We’re dedicated to passing down these wonderful skills so that future generations can feel the sense of joy and accomplishment from making beautiful and useful objects with their own hands.
So if you are interested, come and check us out! We always welcome guests and new members.
Members can apply for the Regena Lerke Scolarship. Please forward your completed application to the Guild President. The due date for applications is May 1/2017. Print the scholarship form
Visit our Facebook Page!
2018 -2019 Events
World Wide Spin in Public Day
September 15, 2018
Always held on the third Saturday of September
2019 Fibre Arts Festival and Sale
We are in the process of organizing and preparing for our 9th annual festival.
You are all invited to come and visit, and be inspired!
When & where we meet
- 3rd Monday of the month at 7pm (September to June)
- Spinners and Weavers meet separately at 5:30
- Kawartha Artists’ Gallery and Studio (unless posted otherwise), 420 O’Connell Road, Peterborough, Ontario (View it on Google Maps)
A typical meeting
- Meet & Greet – a chance to enjoy a cup of tea/coffee, socialize or check out the library
- Quick announcements
- Program of the month – presented by one of our members or guest speaker
- Show and Share
- Stretch break – chance to replenish tea/coffee, talk to the speaker, check out the Show and Share items
- Short business meeting
- Monthly meetings
- Extensive lending library
- Use of guild equipment
- Study groups
- Lessons and workshops (ad hoc)
- Annual members sale
- Shared expertise